Archive for April 2nd, 2012
Everybody enjoys looking at a garden or being in a garden, but not everybody actually enjoys getting in and getting their hands dirty and their backs tired. The rewards are so great though, it’s worth the effort, time and money.
Here are just 10 very good reasons to garden.
- I want a beautiful yard and can’t afford a gardener.
- I need the exercise.
- It keeps me out of the house so I don’t have to see that it needs cleaning.
- I get fresh fruits and vegetables that are way too expensive in the store.
- I get a sense of accomplishment.
- I get an opportunity to talk to neighbors and passers-by that I would miss cooped up inside.
- I can take my frustration out on the weeds instead of my sweet husband.
- It creates beautiful, relaxing places to spend time with family and friends.
- It gives me a great reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- It’s in my blood and I just can’t help it!