Composting….why do it?
Compost can be use to
- Fertilize your garden, lawn, house plants, hanging baskets, trees and shrubs.
- Mulch plants for protection from temperature changes
- Mulch plants for weed control
- Make compost tea – liquid fertilizer
- Make use of kitchen scraps that would ordinarily go to waste
- Make us of all those leaves that come down in the autumn
Making your own compost is just the most economical way to get the amount you need for your plants.
It is possible to buy compost from garden centers, but if you need a lot of compost, like we do, then you’d better have some of the yellow gold to buy that black gold.